ATHENA PowerLink® is a
business mentoring program designed to increase the growth and
profitablity of women-owned businesses. The program is simple --
the selected business woner is "linked" with a powerful
volunteer Advisory Panel specifically selected to assist her in
addressing her growth challenges. The program is also highly
effective - in the 20+ other communities that have established
programs, participants reported, on average, an 88% increase in
sales. a 38% increase in net income and a 57% increase in
personbal income. Ninety-three percent of participants reported
that they made significant changes as a result of the program.
ATHENA PowerLink® is open to any woman whose business:
- Is at least 51% owned and actively managed by a woman.
- Has been in business for a minimum of two years.
- Has a minimum of two full-time employees (including the owner).
- Has annual revenues of at least $250,000 for retail or manufacturing buisnesses, or at least $100,000 for service businesses.
- Has clearly defined company objectives/goals with explicit reasons for seeking ATHENA PowerLink®'s assistance in meeting those objectives/goals.
The Washtenaw ATHENA Power Link is administrated by Jan Davies McDermott, Owner of Davies House Inn Georgetown Bed & Breakfast and President of Echo Enterprises. Local supporting organizations of this program include Washtenaw Community College, the Ann Arbor Area/Ypsilanti Regional Chamber of Commerce, and National City Bank. Several local professional business service companies also sponsor the program by providing pro bono services to the recipients. Applications are accepted in the Fall of each year and may be downloaded from the website: www.athenawashtenaw.org. For more information, please call Jan Davies McDermott at (734) 417-5745 or visit the website.
2010 Laura Spear Washtenaw Door & Trim
2010 Megan Torrance Torrance Learning
2010 Carol Kamm iSoldit on Ebay
2009 Casey Stark 1800 Got Junk
2008 Marisa Smith The Whole Brain Group
2007 Sharon McRill